Ruangmedia.com – What Is The Mineral Definition.
You surely often hear about the “Mineral” in everyday life. More profoundly we know that; the Definition of a mineral is a crystal substance solid, formed by natural processes in inorganic materials. It is an important material that formed the earth and extraterrestrial objects. Like meteorites, the moon, and the stars.
What Is The Mineral Definition
There are 5 terms of an object;
1. Solid form; Thus, substances such as liquid water, oil, and so on can not be called a mineral.
2. Minerals should be formed naturally through the process-the process of geological certain. As a picture, if there are all the substances that are similar minerals later in the synthesis in the laboratory, it cannot be called minerals.
3. Minerals must be inorganic. As an example, the wood and the bones could not be called a mineral because it is not inorganic substances. Although both of these objects in form of dense and formed naturally.
4. The other requirement is to have a specific chemical composition. The mineral composition is generally in the form of compounds. But there are some minerals that its chemical composition consists of only 1 element chemistry course. The atom of an element or chemical compound is a mineral composed in a way that is distinctive and tends to have a specific geometry and consistent.
5. Terms last is to have a special form.
A special form that is owned?.
There is 6 crystal system representing a special form; divided based on a short length, as well as the alignment of the axis of the crystals to each other.
a. cubic crystal system. That looks like a cube.
b. tetragonal crystal system. Which has the form of a beam with two ribs of the same length.
c. furthermore, there is orthorhombic. The shape of the beam with the length of the third rib cage is not the same.
d. Hexagonal / Trigonal. Which has the form of a prism. While for the crystal system of this some experts divide it into 2 different systems. However, based on the symmetry axis of the crystal, both sides can be said to be similar.
e. Next Monoklin. Its shape is like a beam that is tilted.
f. Last Triklin. The shape is similar to rhombus 3D.